Tuesday, August 26, 2008

STFU, PUMA!

Okay, I know that the media is probably overcovering these Hillary nuts who are undecided or threatening to vote for McCain or chanting "Hillary 2012" outside the Democratic National Convention, but there is apparently a group of die-hard Hillary supporters who have identified themselves as PUMA or Party Unity My Ass! And I would really like them to shut the fuck up, because they are making complete asses of themselves.

Isn't this a little like when you break up with someone and they threaten to hurt themselves? And doesn't this kind of validate some of the worst stereotypes of women ("hell hath no fury like a woman scorned", over-sensitivity, emotional instability)?

When they interviewed one of these Hillary nuts on NPR and asked her if she would vote for Obama in November, she replied, "he hasn't asked for my vote. He's asked for my money, but not for my vote." Come on, what do you need, an engraved fucking invitation? He's the democratic nominee. If you value women's rights (or for that matter human rights) at all, you fucking vote for him.

Sorry about Hillary. Better luck next time.

No comments: